SciComm 101 ECR Event - Abstract Submissions
To facilitate the dissemination and discussion of contemporary research by its Early Career Researchers (ECRs), the ASO encourages its participants to submit abstracts that are relevant to the causes, consequences, treatment, and prevention of obesity. The ASO especially welcome abstracts from PhD and other postgraduate students.
- Abstract submission opens: Monday 12th July 2021
- Abstract submission closes: 5pm on Monday 2nd August 2021
- Abstracts will only be accepted via www.aso.org.uk
ECRs (including PhD candidates, postdoctoral researchers, and those transitioning to independent researchers) are defined as researchers who have not:
- held a full-time permanent academic post in a UK university or comparable UK institution
- held substantial grant income as a Principal Investigator
- established their own research group
ECRs with accepted abstracts will be asked to give an oral presentation of their work. There will be no posters for this event. Abstracts submitted to this conference will be reviewed for scientific quality and the author(s) of accepted abstracts will be notified at the beginning of August.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- Only online submissions, submitted with a valid email address via the ASO website, will be considered. Abstracts submitted by post, fax or email will not be considered.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English following the guidance provided in the abstract guidelines that accompany these submission instructions.
- You MUST use the ASO Abstract Template which can be downloaded from the ASO website. All authors’ names and affiliations/institutions will be requested during the submission process and should not be entered anywhere on the abstract template.
- Contact details of the submitting author must be provided as part of the abstract submission process. All correspondence will be sent to the submitting author only. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to forward any relevant correspondence to the presenting author.
- All presenters of accepted abstracts are expected to attend the online event in full.
Conflict of interest and Funding Disclosure
ASO encourages full disclosure of all relevant sources of funding in relation to abstracts submitted to this conference. If you wish to disclose a conflict of interest or funding, please provide specific details at the foot of your abstract. Please note that Conflict of Interest and Funding Disclosures do not form part of the abstract word count.
Accepted abstracts will be published on the ASO website.
Confirmation of Receipt
Submitting authors will be sent an acknowledgement via e-mail to confirm that their abstract has been received. If you do not receive the acknowledgement within three days of your submission, please contact the ASO Secretariat (details available via www.aso.org.uk).