UK Congress on Obesity (UKCO) 2023
Where: Riddel Hall, Queen's University, 185 Stranmillis Road, Belfast BT9 5EE
We are delighted to announce the 2023 United Kingdom Congress on Obesity, the main event in the calendar for the UK Association for the Study Obesity is taking place in the city of Belfast and is being hosted by Queen’s University. The local organising committee will be led by Dr Laura McGowan.
The packed 2-day programme begins with an opening address from Donal O'Shea, the National lead for management of Obesity with the Health Service Executive in Ireland, followed by Professor Susan Jebb OBE delivering the opening plenary. Professor Jebb will connect obesity policy and prevention, reflecting on how UK obesity policy has unfolded in the many years since the ‘Tackling Obesities’ Foresight Report, in 2007.
There will be a plenary session led by patient advocates connecting the nodes of management and lived experience. Susie Birney (Irish Coalition for People Living with Obesity) will introduce the patient perspective from those living with obesity (Fiona Quigley and Johnny Lamb), alongside an engaging Q&A session facilitated by Vicki Mooney (European Coalition for People Living with Obesity).
Day 2 promises to be just as exciting with plenaries from Professor Sadaf Farooqi much more!
Key UKCO Dates
- Member-led Symposium Proposal Submission: Deadline 30th April 2023
- Abstract submissions: Deadline: 31st May 2023
- Early Career Researcher Registration: Deadline 31st May 2023
- Early bird booking rate: Deadline 30th June 2023
- Late breaking abstract submissions: Deadline 30th July 2023
- ASO Ken Clare Award: Deadline 31st July 2023
- ASO Prevention and Treatment Award 2023: Deadline 31st July 2023
- ASO UKCO Travel Bursaries 2023: Deadline 7th July 2023