NICE weight management guideline – draft scope consultation & committee recruitment
The draft scope consultation for the NICE weight management guideline has now opened. The consultation will close at 5pm on the 7th May 2021.
The consultation provides an opportunity to comment on the areas NICE has identified the guideline will (and will not) cover to ensure it covers those areas most important to patients and healthcare professionals. These can be viewed in the draft scope document. You can also read more information about this on the NICE website here.
Secondly, NICE are recruiting members to join their weight management guideline update committee. In particular, NICE are seeking applications to recruit:
- a psychologist specialising in behavioural weight management and children
- a public health practitioner
- a paediatric lifestyle weight management specialist
- a local authority commissioner or clinical commissioning groups commissioner
- an exercise therapist or physiotherapist for children and young people
- a GP or practice nurse
- a psychiatrist
- a specialist dietician
- a surgeon
- an early years provider (2 to 5 year olds)
- a health visitor
- a topic expert on learning disabilities.
The deadline for applications is Friday 7th May 2021 at 5pm. You can read more about this and the application process on the NICE website here.