ASO Yorkshire Network meeting- What’s Happening in Weight Management in the Yorkshire Region
ASO Yorkshire Network meeting - What’s Happening in Weight Management in the Yorkshire Region
Wednesday 27th April, 2 – 5pm.
Venue: University of Leeds (conference auditorium) or online (via Zoom).
This event has been organised by the ASO Yorkshire Network, the BDA Public Health Specialist Group and the BDA Yorkshire Branch. The meeting will provide an overview of what’s happening in weight management in the Yorkshire region, and aims to provide insights from a mix of academics and practitioners. Confirmed speakers include (titles TBC):
- Nicola Corrigan, Healthy Places & Sustainable Communities Programme Lead for Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Dr Gemma Traviss-Turner, University of Leeds (binge eating in individuals living with obesity and T2D).
- Dr Rebecca Beeken, University of Leeds (behaviour change and weight management).
- Deb Lowe, Health Improvement Specialist Leeds City Council.
- Mary O'Kane, BDA Obesity Specialist Group.
- Dr Sam Caton, University of Sheffield (healthful eating in pre-school children).
The event is free to attend and open to all BDA and ASO members as well as interested students, academics, practitioners and nutrition professionals. The event will be held in-person but will also be live streamed via Zoom for those wishing to attend remotely.
Please note, you can use this registration form to register for in person or virtual attendance. If you register for virtual attendance you will be sent a zoom link the day before the event.