ASO Prevention and Treatment Award 2022
ASO Prevention and Treatment Award 2022 – Process and Criteria
The Association for the Study of Obesity is offering this award to encourage and recognise the best practice in obesity prevention and treatment in children, adolescents or adults. It will be awarded to a member of the ASO who, acting individually or as part of a team, has made a significant contribution to the prevention or treatment of people living with overweight or obesity. The value of the award is £500, which will be presented to the submitting author and split across any ASO members within the winning team, at the ASO conference – UK Congress on Obesity (UKCO) 2022, 6th to 8th September 2022, Lancaster University. The recipient will have reasonable expenses to attend the conference reimbursed. Please note that award winners from outside the UK will only be paid at their requested currency equivalent for any travel expenses within the UK.
To be eligible for the Award the applicant should be a current member of the ASO. Submissions from non-members are also welcome as an application for ASO membership can be submitted with the best practice submission.
Applicants applying for this Award will need to provide:
- a fully completed application form.
- a pdf of the full paper if the work has been published in the peer-reviewed literature.
- a copy of their curriculum vitae.
- a covering statement of their precise involvement in the work being presented.
- confirmation that all authors and/or participants in the project have approved the submission.
The project/work must contribute to the treatment of people living with overweight or obesity or to obesity prevention
The project/work must be current or have been conducted in the last 2 years. The scope is wide so all entries will be considered. The ASO website has information regarding previous winners
Applications for the award will be judged on the following criteria:
- the description of the work in the application.
- how well the work meets professional guidelines and the needs of populations or individuals (if a needs assessment was conducted this should be described in the application).
- has furthered knowledge and/or practice in the field of obesity treatment and/or prevention.
- the sustainability of the work.
- methods used to monitor and evaluate the work.
- innovation and collaboration.
- ethics and/or public accountability.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is 17th June 2022 and applicants will be notified of decisions by the 1st July 2022. The author of the winning application will be asked to present on the 7th September at the UKCO 2022, where they will also be presented with their Award.
Application Submission: Please access the application form here
The award will be decided by a Selection Panel of ASO Trustees and assessed against the stated criteria for this award.